Welcome to the new Dispatch website. Here are answers to some frequently asked questions.
If you encounter an issue that is not addressed here, please reach out through this contact link.
How do I change my real name back to my username?
- Go to Account at the top right of the page
- Click the edit button all the way to the right of “My Details”
- Change your “Name” to your preferred username
*We are working on making this apply retroactively to comments you’ve already made on this site. In the meantime, if you would like one of your comments deleted please contact us here*
How do I make sure The Dispatch emails come to my inbox?
If you aren’t getting the email newsletters you expect or want to be proactive to make sure you do, please look for email from firstname.lastname@example.org in your SPAM or JUNK folders.
If you find an email from us in your SPAM, please follow steps on this website for your email provider to make sure it lands in your inbox:
Gmail users: Move us to your primary inbox
• On your phone? Tap the 3 dots at top right corner, click “Move to” then “Primary.”
• On desktop? Back out of the email, then drag and drop this email into the “Primary” tab near the top left of your screen.
Apple mail users: Tap on our email address or icon at the top of this email (next to “From:” on mobile) and click “Add to VIPs.”
If you use a different email provider: Follow these instructions
How do I log in to the new website?
1. Go to: www.thedispatch.com
2. Click “SIGN IN” at the top right
3. Enter the email you used on Substack
4. Grab the log-in magic link from your email
5. Explore the site
6. Manage your account by clicking the “ACCOUNT” link on the site
How do I manage my email newsletter preferences?
1. First, you must be logged into the website (see above: How do I log in to the new website?)
2. Click “MENU” at the top of the website
3. Click “NEWSLETTERS”
4. This will take you to our Newsletter Page, where you can manage your subscriptions to all The Dispatch newsletters
5. When a box is checked “Subscribed,” you are signed up to receive that newsletter
6. When a box is empty and says “Unsubscribed,” you will not receive that newsletter
Why did The Dispatch leave Substack?
Substack is a great platform for individual creators and smaller media organizations. Its simplicity and ease of use was instrumental in The Dispatch’s early success. As we’ve grown and greatly expanded the variety of content we offer, that one-size-fits-all approach has become a limiting factor to the type of content organization, user experience and level of customization we want to provide.
Will The Dispatch be launching an app?
We hope to have one in the near future, but are currently focused on this new website.
Will The Dispatch have an RSS Feed?
Yes, we plan to have multiple RSS feeds available shortly after the new site launches and will communicate when those are ready.
How can I filter my emails if they all come from the same address?
Newsletters will all come from a different “sender name,” and most email clients will allow you to filter by that instead of by the sender email address. For example, The French Press will come from David French and mailed by email@example.com.
Will there be audio versions of the articles?
Spoken-word audio is something we are actively exploring. If you’re interested in providing feedback about this feature, please take this short survey.
Where is my profile picture?
Profile pictures (also known as avatars) are being migrated from Substack. It’s a process that takes multiple seconds per user which adds up to over a week for all accounts (member and non-member) on The Dispatch‘s former Substack.