Welcome to the new Dispatch website.
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions. If you encounter an issue that is not addressed here, please reach out through this contact link.
How do I change my payment information?
Here are the instructions for how to update your card through your account:
1. Click on “Account” in the top right of the homepage
2. Click on “Plans” in the menu on the left
3. Once you’re in “Plans” click on “Menu” in the top right-hand corner of the pop-up box
4. Click on “Update Card”, and enter your new card information
How do I make sure The Dispatch emails come to my inbox?
If you aren’t getting the email newsletters you expect or want to be proactive to make sure you do, please look for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org in your SPAM or JUNK folders.
If you find an email from us in your SPAM, please follow steps on this website for your email provider to make sure it lands in your inbox:
Gmail users: Move us to your primary inbox
• On your phone? Tap the 3 dots at top right corner, click “Move to” then “Primary.”
• On desktop? Back out of the email, then drag and drop this email into the “Primary” tab near the top left of your screen.
Apple mail users: Tap on our email address or icon at the top of this email (next to “From:” on mobile) and click “Add to VIPs.”
If you use a different email provider: Follow these instructions
If you continue to run into trouble getting the newsletters you’ve signed up for please e-mail email@example.com with the subject line “Issues with Getting Desired Newsletters” and we will help you from there.
I am in an endless loop of needing to sign into the website, what should I do?
If you are having trouble staying signed into the website, don’t fret. This happens occasionally. To solve this, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Issues Staying Signed In.” Then, someone on our team will send you an email to reset your password. By following those instructions, it should resolve the issue.
How do I manage my email newsletter preferences?
1. First, you must be logged into the website (see above: How do I log in to the new website?)
2. Click “MENU” at the top of the website
3. Click “NEWSLETTERS”
4. This will take you to our Newsletter Page, where you can manage your subscriptions to all The Dispatch newsletters
5. When a box is checked “Subscribed,” you are signed up to receive that newsletter
6. When a box is empty and says “Unsubscribed,” you will not receive that newsletter
How do I change my real name back to my username?
- Go to Account at the top right of the page
- Click the edit button all the way to the right of “My Details”
- Change your “Name” to your preferred username
How do I log in to the new website?
1. Go to: www.thedispatch.com
2. Click “SIGN IN” at the top right
3. Enter the email you used on Substack
4. Grab the log-in magic link from your email
5. Explore the site
6. Manage your account by clicking the “ACCOUNT” link on the site
Will The Dispatch be launching an app?
We hope to have one in the near future but are currently focused on this new website.
Will The Dispatch have an RSS Feed?
Yes, we have multiple available that can be found in the dropdown menu in the top left of the website.
How can I filter my emails if they all come from the same address?
Newsletters will all come from a different “sender name,” and most email clients will allow you to filter by that instead of by the sender email address. For example, The French Press will come from David French and mailed by email@example.com.
Will there be audio versions of the articles?
Spoken-word audio is something we are actively exploring. If you’re interested in providing feedback about this feature, please take this short survey.
How do I cancel my membership?
To cancel you can simply turn off “auto-renew” in your account settings. To do that, click “Account” and then “Plan.” There you should be able to turn off auto-renew and you will not be charged for future months or years.